Here's one little dish we just made with the thought of pasta salad on our minds ... (it was yummy!)
2 cups quinoa
6-8 chicken tenders / 4-5 chicken breasts
1 cup olives, chopped
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1/2 - 1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
2 large kale/collard leaves, de-stemmed and chopped
3/4 cup mayo (make your own! It's super easy and much better for you!)
red onion (optional)
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Cook chicken (perhaps cook in crock pot during day so it's ready by the evening)
3. Chop up all veggies.
4. Chop up chicken.
5. Rinse quinoa under cold water (if it's still hot from being cooked).
6. Place all ingredients, including the mayo, into a large bowl and mix.
7. Sprinkle with desired amount of sea salt and black pepper.
Tip: How do I cook my chicken?
Well, cooking it in a crock pot is the way to go but if I didn't choose that route I place about 1/4 cup of water in a skillet. Set the chicken inside. Place a lid on top and cook on medium-low until done, adding more water, if necessary.
By cooking the chicken this way you're avoiding the rubbery texture that forms when boiling the chicken in water.