Well, I knew they liked the regular kale chips - which is fine but they go so fast and aren't very filling. I wanted something with a bit more protein. So I came up with this recipe and the kids like it! Yay! (As do I!)
Here's the recipe:
2 cups brown/golden flax seeds, soaked
1 1/2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked
6-8 kale leaves
1/2 garlic chopped
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 green onions
1 1/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup water
1. Soak the flax seeds in 4 cups of water the night before (or 8 hours or so).
Soak the sunflower seeds in 3 cups of water the night before (or 8 hours or so).
2. Drain and rinse sunflower seeds.(Flax seeds won't need to be drained - they'll be gooey - all of it will go into the mixture.)
3. Chop up kale into small pieces (either by hand or using food processor or high powered blender).
4. To the kale, add all other ingredients and process/blend until smooth.
5. Grease dehydrator sheets.
6. Smear mixture onto trays keeping it thick enough that you can't see the tray - but not much thicker than that.
7. Dehydrate for 8-10 hours at 110° - 115°.
8. Peel chips off of sheet and flip over. (Mine broke into pieces as I did this. No biggie - they're going to be broken up anyway.)
9. Dehydrate anther 6-10 hours or until desired crispiness has developed.
As always - hope you